We started the class week repeating the same basic website with a different group of people. My first group was highly organized and took to tasks quickly. This second group took a little longer to work together but we laid out a plan and got to work after a few disagreements. I would say we finished the bulk of the work within a few hours but the next day we started to get into feature creep with little time left to present. Most features were implemented but there were a few scrapped for time. Overall I thought it went well.
This project is what had me stressing.
After I had finished that exercise I moved on to a coin counter that came really easily. I felt like I got out of my own way and was grasping the major concept of functions.
Mid week we touched upon Bootstrap and SASS. It was a basic overview, we will get more into Bootstrap later. SaSS has some interesting uses and I may implement some of its automation but much of its functionality seems overly cumbersome and I could code quicker myself.
Late in the week I really wanted to play with animation elements within CSS and figured out some transform functioning. Its pretty simplistic and I found a few shortfall but I can see myself using a few of these properties for personal projects.
My goal for the weekend is to finish the first milestone challenges and exercises and possibly start on the next ones. I am optimistic about next week now that I’ve gotten over the first roadblock.